Friday, June 3, 2011

Going Home - Part 1

Going Home

Part 1 of 2


I took the train back home. I looked out of the window and watch the scenery go by. It seems like yesterday that I left home to go off to college. Now I was coming home with a college degree. I wanted to visit my family and friends before moving to my new job in the big city of Chicago.

I watched the houses go by one by one. Sometimes they were a blur. I wondered if Lee was still living in the old town. I always had feelings for Lee but never could tell him how I felt. I decided to look him up for old times and see how he was doing.

Mom and Dad met me at the train station. It was good seeing them. They were telling me all the latest gossip and news.

Mom said that Lee heard I was coming home to visit and wanted to see me. She had his new address and phone number written down someplace at home.

That was good news. I had a smile on my face as I tried to remember the good times we had together. Mom interrupted my daydreaming and started telling me the remaining gossip and news.

Home was the same as I left it. My room was never touched and still had my posters and pictures hanging on the walls.

Mom gave me a stack of messages. I found the one from Lee. I started at it for the longest time. It had been over five years since I last saw him. I entered his phone number into the phone and sat on my bed listening to the rings. No one was answering. I was debating if I wanted to leave a message, when I heard "Hello.’

"Hey, this is Josh." There was silence, then he screamed, "Josh? You are home?" Lee had a thousands questions. He wanted to see me. We made arrangement for me to come over later tonight. He was ecstatic.

I borrowed my Dad’s car and headed to Lee’s apartment. It was a nice area of town. I parked the car and climbed the stairs to the second floor. I was early. I took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell.

I heard a muffled "I’m coming." The door opened and Lee stood them grinning from ear to ear. He just jumped out of the shower. He had a towel wrapped around his waist. He grabbed me in a big bear hug and squeezed. I thought I felt that he placed a kiss on the cheek as he grabbed me. It felt good holding each other. It was good to see him.



I made myself comfortable on the sofa while Lee went into his bedroom and put on his clothes. He was wearing a yellow shirt and jeans. He had grown a beard, which looked good on him. He sat close to me.

We talked about old times. He finally asked if I was seeing anyone. I said "No, what about you?"

"No. After you left, it did not seem the same. So I got busy with work. I really missed you."

He sat there staring into my eyes. I wanted him but did not know if I should tell him what I felt.

1 comment:

  1. like the sound of this story jay am guessing some things going to happen between them .btw the picture very tasty .

    ReplyDelete