Friday, June 10, 2011

The Closet - Part 1

The Closet

Part 1 of 2

I hate being in the closet. But it was necessary. No one would understand me being gay. So I stayed behind closed doors. I was discreet in meeting other guys. I never brought them to my place. It was always at their place. Sometimes I found a guy who interests me enough for a second visit. But then I moved on.

Sometimes they were not masculine, so I would leave and continue with my searching. Continue with my one-night stands. Continue being discreet. I wanted some one who cared for me, and loved me. And the search continued. This was my life.


My straight friend, Bill, called. He was getting married and wanted me to be in the wedding party. I agreed but I hate being an usher. The ceremony was going to be short, so that was a good thing. And I got to wear a tuxedo. I loved wearing one. It made me feel and look handsome.

The ceremony went without a hitch. It was short and over before you knew it. The reception was nice, quiet with good food and plenty of drinks. I sat on the side of the room watching everyone dance and make fools of themselves.


"You mind if I sit here?" I looked up to see a nice looking man. I quickly sized him up. Sharp suit. Handsome face. Nice smile. Seems to have a nice body. I answered, "Have a seat. Just watching the dancing. My name is Joshua. Friends call me Josh." We shook hands. He had a firm grip. He smiled and said, "I’m ARRON. You can call me ‘ARR’ for short." We both laugh. I thought to myself, "How do you make love to a guy named ARR?"

We talked about the current status of the lousy basketball team in our town. He seemed to be a man’s man. Definitely he was masculine. I thought to myself, "Too bad he is probably straight."

We talked for a while. He noticed they were cutting the cake. He got up and asked, "You want a piece of cake?" I shook my head no. I held up my champagne bottle. He walked over to get a piece of cake. I finished my beer. I looked at my watch and saw it was still early, but I needed to go.

As I got up, ARR came back over. "You’re not leaving?"

I stopped and smiled, "I need to get out of this monkey suit. And it has been a long day. And weddings bore me."
ARR said "I’ll walk you to your car. I need some fresh air."

We got to my car and I unlocked the door. I turned and put my hand out to shake ARR’s hand. "Nice meeting you." We stood there. ARR held my hand and did not release it. We stood there for what seemed an eternity. Finally ARR released my hand. He seemed sad. I climbed into the car and started the engine. ARR remained standing. I roll down the window.

"Maybe we can get together sometime." Before I could finish the sentence. ARR leaned into the opened window and planted a kiss on my lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment