Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Breakup

The Breakup


We both agreed to go our separate ways. I wanted to lay next to him one more time. I wrapped myself in a blanket and lay there, leaning against him, sad, and dejected. He did not even put his arm around me.

We thought at the time that it was for the best. I got up and walked out the door, without saying a word.

We did not want to discuss our problems.

It was too painful. All it would lead to would be finger-pointing.

After the first week, I realized we had more going for us than I thought.

I started to feel we needed to be together. We should have talked it out.

I called and left a message. If he did not return my call, then I would move on.

The minutes turned into hours. I was ready to move on, when the phone rang.

It was him.

He asked me what I wanted. I said only one word, "Talk".

I was surprised when he said, "OK".

He asked "What is to stop us from yelling at each other?"

I thought for a minute. "OK, we meet and we take off all our clothes. We can’t yell at each other when we are naked."

I was surprised that he agreed.

So we met and immediately got naked.

We both started talking about our innermost feelings.

It was liberating.

We learned a lot about each other. If anything we got a lot off our chest.

I was wondering where do we go from here, when he said, "Let’s try it again. But this time, we have weekly talk sessions while we are naked."

He leaned over and held me. I melted into his arms. This time he put his arms around me. This time, it was different.

I knew neither one of us were perfect.

But if we were willing to talk it over, we might be OK.

I had something I did not have before. I had hope.

2 comments:

  1. I get mixed feelings about this jay .it looks as if they hardly understood each-other at the beginning never even tried to maybe it was more physical . Then the break-up where they realised where it all went wrong I can understand why they were bollock naked to talk
    no fucking just talk from the heart then maybe some fun after .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. I was driven by the photo to write a story that came out as them breaking up. Their getting naked was a way to breakdown their defenses. I did not want to dwell on the reasons, just that they were moving on.

    ReplyDelete