Monday, May 28, 2012

"My Gift" - Part 1

"MY GIFT"

A STORY BY CATMAN

Part 1 of 5
I layed in my bed for several nights thinking about my dilemma:  When you have very little funds, what do you give your very best friend for his birthday?   Steve came from one of the richest and most affluent families in our town.  I couldn't think of anything that he didn't already have.  Anything that he wanted, he could afford to buy.

Damn, I will never forget the very first time I saw Steve in the locker room at the gym!  He was a new member.  At the time, I had a lot more money to spend on things like a "Gym Membership".   We ended up finishing our workouts, just about the same time as four other guys.   We all shared the small communal locker room.

I did my very best to not totally stare at his hot body or crotch.  It's really funny that I remember that particular day, but can't totally recollect how the two of us ended up as friends. I guess it began because we worked out at about the same time and on the same days.  It wasn't totally by accident.  I figured out his workout schedule and mirrored it. 

From the first time I saw him, I was totally in love!   Everything about him was so fucking hot!   He had a smoking hot body!

We started to establish a dialog with each other.  Sometimes, in the locker room and at other times in the showers.  Despite our shared passion to be really fit, we couldn't have been more opposites.  Steve lived in a wing of his family's enormous mansion on the edge of town.  I was struggling to pay the monthly rent on my little efficiency apartment.    

Through multiple conversations, we learned that we had similar interests outside of the gym.  Unfortunately, they all had to do with sports, music, movies and food.  Steve constantly referred to "Jennifer", who I assumed was his girlfriend.   When Jennifer wasn't around, Steve and I began to hang out together. 

It wasn't easy for me to hide the giant crush I had on him.  He didn't make it easy on me.  There were nights when I would stay over at his place.   Sometimes in the morning, I would catch Steve in his pajama bottoms displaying his morning wood.
Steve came to my place a few times but mostly we spent time at his house.  I think he liked the fact that I was just an ordinary guy.  I liked his company, and I think it was mutual.   The one thing that was difficult for me to share with him was that I was "gay".  

When my 21st birthday rolled around, it was at the same time that my old used car broke down.  I walked outside to find a brand new car in my driveway, courtesy of Steve.  For him, the price of a new car was just "pocket change".  Two months later, how could I ever match that gift as he was turning my age.

Suddenly, it came to me.  The biggest gift I could give to him was:   ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment