Thursday, April 21, 2011

Short Takes - Refill - Part 1

Short Takes – Refill – Part 1

Part 1 of 2


He held up his glass. "Can I get another refill?"

I stared into his eyes. His eyes penetrated my soul. I went through the motions of getting a refill for him. As I handed the glass to him, our hands touched. We both felt it. I found myself smiling.

He stared at me. I could stare at him forever. I found myself wanting to continue talking with him. "My name is John."
His smile grew, "So is mine. I go by my initials, JJ. I better get back to my friends." He left and I lost him in the crowd.

We were busy all the way till closing time. I cleaned up and clocked out and headed for my car. As I unlocked the car, another car pulled up. It was JJ.

He had the empty glass still in his hand. "Can I get another refill?"

I leaned into the opened window and said, "Sorry, bar is closed. I am heading home. The only thing I can offer you is a cup of coffee at my place."

JJ smiled and said, "Lead the way."

TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment