Thursday, April 28, 2011

Shoe Salesman - Part 1

Shoe Salesperson

Part 1 of 4



I was just looking. I was killing time before going back to work. I stopped and look at the boots. "Can I help you?" It was a salesperson. I really did not want to deal with anyone right now. I said, ‘No, thank you."

As I turned to leave, I was looking into this angelic face with the bluest of eyes. "Well if you need me, my name is Marc." I needed him, but not to sell me shoes. "I’m just looking." I answered. I wanted to stall for time and drink up his beauty. He was shorter than I but his smile melted my heart.

I grabbed a boot and acted like I was looking at it. "Do you want to see that one in your size?" He asked me with a twinkle in his eyes. I looked at my watch and notice I had to get back to work.

Without thinking, I asked, "Are you seeing anyone?"

He looked at me like I was a nut case and asked, "Why do you want to know that?"

I realized I dug a hole and I wanted to craw inside of it and die. I was embarrassed. "Sorry, I just wanted to know if you want to stop of a drink after work."

He gave me a big smile. "Well, I am available tonight after 5. There is a nice bar just down the street." We made plans to meet. I waved goodbye and headed back to work. The rest of day, I could not think of anyone but Marc.

When quitting time came, I rushed out the door and headed for the bar. I got a table and ordered a drink. My palms of my hands were sweaty. I felt like a teenager all over again. I have been with guys before, so it wasn’t my first time.

I saw him walk in the bar. He spotted me and headed for the table. He was all smiles when he sat next to me. He ordered himself a drink.

He looked at me with that twinkle in his eyes and said, "I never did answer your question. It is ‘no’."

I looked puzzled. Marc said, "The question was if I am seeing anyone."

I was relieved. I laughed and said, "Great. I mean that it is great for me that you are not seeing anyone. Not great that you are alone." He smiled and asked about myself. I told him I was not seeing anyone.

After my awkward start, I calmed down and the evening went well. The time flew by. Marc looked at his watch and said, "I really need to go." I figured he was making a hasty exist.

I told him I understood. I felt like I blew it. He said, "Let’s do this again sometime." He flew out the door. I finished my drink and then headed to the car.

I sat in the car feeling dejected. I put the car into drive and slowly pulled out. I turned the corned and saw Marc sitting at the bus stop with his head in his hands. I pulled over and rolled down the window and ask, "You ok?"

Marc looked up and flashed the biggest smile. "I missed my bus." I unlocked the passenger door and said "Hop in, I will take you home."

Marc climbed into the car and buckled up. "I really appreciate this." He gave me directions and off we drove.

1 comment: