Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Eddie's Secret Art - Part 1

EDDIE'S SECRET ART

A STORY BY CATMAN

PART 1 of 2

He was christened "EDWARD JOSEPH THURSTON CONNORS IV".   With a moniker like that, of course, he came from money!   His family called him "EJ4".   I always thought that it sounded really stupid, so to me, he was always just plain "Eddie".   His family and mine didn't travel in the same social circles, but, somehow, we became friends.   I was just seven years old at the time we first met.   I was in the park with my family and he was there with his nanny.   I thought he looked really lonely, so I took the bold step to invite him to play a game of kick-ball.  That was about fifteen years ago.  Today, in our early twenties, we are still friends.

Despite his 7 bedroom, 5 bath, 18 room house with a maid, cook, and chauffeur, he really is just an ordinary guy (who is living off of an emormous 'Trust Fund'!).   He doesn't have a job, and doesn't need to have one.   Instead, he fills his days with his three hobbies:  working out,  his talent for 'art' and hanging out with me.   Of the latter, at 22 years old,  I still think he is a very lonely person.   I like spending time with him, but wish he would broaden his horizons and make more friends.

Working out constantly, he has honed his body into something that is, in itself, a work of art.   I have seen him naked the times that we have skinny-dipped in his pool or relaxed together in his jacuzzi spa.  There are whole days where he never bothered to even get dressed.  I would arrive to find him in just bikini briefs or a fancy jock strap.

As an artist, Eddie is extremely talented.  He spends several hours a day, locked away in his studio.  I've never been inside of that room because he always keeps it locked.   He brings out canvases and drawings, on occasion, to show me.  I am always genuinely impressed by his talent.   His art is always very realistic, almost like photographs.   I've encouraged him to put together an art exhibition of his work, but he always declines.   "I don't do it for other people, I do it for me!"

With several houses all over the world and their social and business interests, his parents are only home a few weeks of each year.  When they are away, I try to spend as much time as possible with Eddie.   There are whole weeks where I actually move in, so he isn't alone.  One night, I woke very late because of a noise I heard in the hall.  I peeked out my door and saw Eddie leaving his art studio.  The door was ajar, because he forgot to lock it.

I waited a few minutes and crossed the hall.  My curiosity had gotten the best of me, I wanted to see inside of that room.   I stood there in total amazement!   The walls were totally covered in charcoals, pastels, sketches and water collors of my 'naked' image.

Each image was a separate work of art, but as much as I was flattered, I thought that this was just plain 'weird'!    It was then that I realized that Eddie had an obsession with me.   The details were so totally correct, that I realized he must have memorized all of my body features.   I wasn't creeped out, I was just trying to comprehend all of it.  Then suddenly Eddie dashed in the door.

"Oh, shit Joey, I should have locked this!  You weren't supposed to see this room!".

2 comments: