Saturday, February 18, 2012

Just "One"

JUST "ONE"

A STORY BY CATMAN

 When I have a headache, I can take an aspirin, for a cold there are decongestants, but I couldn't find any magic pills to help me get over a "broken heart".  

After two years together with Justin, we were 'falling out of love'.   I couldn't figure out if he knew it, or was just comfortably living in my space, and didn't want to give up a good thing.

I remember when we first met.  It was 'love at first sight' for both of us.   My best friend, Mark, was throwing a holiday cocktail party.  I saw this gorgeous hunk across the room who I didn't know.  Our eyes met and locked on each other.  Finally after an hour, he made the first move and crossed the room.   He leaned in and whispered in my ear, "Your place?  Or mine?"

We ended up in my apartment, tore off our clothes and raced to my bedroom.   The passion and pure animal magnetism was so intense that we broke my bed frame.   That didn't stop us, we took it to the floor and made mad passionate love on my carpet.  We sucked each other's dicks, he fucked me, then we made out till we fell asleep in each other’s arms. 

Night after night, he would knock on my door and the sexual gymnastics were on!   Finally, I convinced him to move in. That was perfect for him, because he was currently looking for a place to live.  By then, I was head-over-heels madly in love with this man who I thought was my soul mate.   Mark told me that he was very jealous that I had found the 'perfect' relationship, but "just be carefull with this guy!"



As time passed during the next 24 months, our 'love making' became less and less intense.  I thought that it was only natural after two years together, sharing the same bed.  And then, sex began to be less and less frequent, until it was almost non-existent.   I still loved Justin very much, but I came to realize that we were falling 'out of love'.   Justin began spending longer hours at work and a lot of his free time with his friends, excluding me.

As he become more of a phantom lover and roommate, I found myself stuck with all of the housework.   He started slowing down on paying his share of the bills. 

It was a sad realization for me, and it hurt my heart.  Whenever I would try to have a talk with him, he would dismiss me.  Even though he would sleep just inches from me, we were actually miles apart.

I confided my troubles with Mark one afternoon at his pool.  "The two of you just need to talk!  Greg, At least, give it a try before you give up on him.   You are my best friend and I hate seeing you this miserable!"

I was so distraught, that I broke down in tears and began to sob.  Mark wrapped his arms around me and held me in his arms.  It was the first time, in a very long time, that I had felt any kind of intimacy.  It felt strange coming from a friend, not my lover.  He held me, and rocked me, until I was able to regain my composure.



I was resolved to get to a solution for Justin and me.   I knocked myself out making a nice candlelite dinner for the two of us.  Then I waited, and waited, and waited.   By 11 pm, my baked chicken was dried out and cold, the candles had burned down to the candle sticks and I had finished off most of the bottle of wine.   Justin walked in without any explanation and said, "Hey Babe, I'm tired!  I'm gonna hit the bed!"

I left the food on the table and followed him to my bed.  After hours of waiting on him, I had resolved to take a stand.  I started to chicken-out when I saw his smoking hot body as he stripped for bed.


Sitting there, I came to a realization.   As much as it could hurt, this had to end for me to be happy, instead of being miserable with him.   I stopped him before he could remove his boxers. 

"Justin, please don't go any further.   You can finish undressing across the hall in the other bedroom.  I loved you once, and I will always have love for you in my heart, but I am not in love with you any longer.    I don't think you are in love with me any more either.   I hope we can end this, as friends.  After all we have been to each other, it shouldn't end as a bitter break-up, but I think we both know that this is over."

Without a word, he walked to the other bedroom.  I'm pretty sure, he was just waiting to give me the final word to end whatever we had together.

I smiled to myself and thought, you know, it's sometimes better to be alone, than to be with someone and feel 'lonely'!

2 comments: