Friday, December 3, 2010

Serial Story - Wrong Turn - Part 3

Wrong Turn

Serial part 3 of 7

As I drove back home I stopped to see if I could find Robert. Driving through the city streets, I found them to be deserted. I remembered where his apartment was, so I thought I would drop by and see if he was there.

He answered the door on the first knock. He looked terrible. He was unshaven and looked like he slept in his clothes. I ask, "Am I interrupting anything?" He smiled and looked happy to see me. He asked me to come in. I told him I did not want him to be alone during the holiday, so I offered to buy dinner.

He sat on the couch and said that would be great. He said, "It has been a rough week. I guess I got depressed and just stayed inside for the last few days."

He seemed confused. I offered to take him back home, if he wanted to go. He shook his head, "No."

We decided that I would go out and get dinner and bring it back and he would get cleaned up.

I found a restaurant close by and bought enough food for a feast for today, and made sure it had enough leftovers so that he could have food a few more days.

I arrived finding him all cleaned up and wearing a nice pair of slacks and dress shirt. We dined on the food and it was quite good. The way he devoured the food, I don’t think he ate much the last few days.

We sat and talked and he seemed to enjoy the conversation. I loved seeing him smile and laugh. We spent the day talking and he saw that I needed to get back on the road. He looked depressed when I said I needed to go. So I said, "I could stay the night and leave in the morning." He literally jumped for joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment