Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Turning 30 - Part 1

"TURNING 30"   PART 1 OF 2

A STORY OF FICTION BY CATMAN

 
I got out of bed and headed to the kitchen.  Micky was waiting with my morning coffee and a birthday cake. 

"Mick, I thought I told you!  No birthday celebrations today!  You know how self-conscious I am about turning thirty.  If I didn't have to work today, I'd be staying in bed all day."

"Relax Ronny!  It's just a cake!  There won't be a party, or gifts, or singing.  I know how stressful your job has been lately, I just thought we could have a nice relaxing night at home.  Just the two of us.  I don't know why thirty is a big deal for you.  It's just a number and you don't look any older now than you did when we first met."

 
As I showered, I thought about Micky.  He really was still a good friend, despite the history that we shared.  We tricked the first night we met five years ago.  The sex was hot and heavy and before long we were living together as lovers.  He was the best lover I ever had, but I screwed up our relationship.

I spent way too much time concentrating on my career and we drifted apart.   That was two years ago. We are still living together but as roommates and sleeping in separate rooms.

Other than a phone call from my mother, I was thankful that no one at work acknowledged my birthday.  I arrived home at around 7 pm, Mick had made my favorite meal.  As we shared it and a bottle of wine, I realized how much I appreciated his friendship.  I really did still love him.  There was just something that told me that he might feel the same way.

I hugged Mick and thanked him for the meal.  "That was really great.  I think I'll go soak for a while in the tub.  The jets always relax me.  This may sound like a radical idea, but would you like to join me?"

 
Laying together in the swirling water, it was the first intimate moment we had shared in years.  It felt like neither of us wanted it to end.  Finally we got out to dry off.  We took our time staring at each other's bodies.

Mick said, "I just thought of another way to make today special for you.  Remember how much you used to love a good massage?"

(Actually, what I remembered was:  our massages always led to fantastic sex!)

No comments:

Post a Comment