Saturday, October 22, 2011

Justin Story - Chapter - College Reunion - Part 1

Justin Story

Chapter - College Reunion

Part 1 of 2

Submitted by Chris


I got home from work late. I was exhausted and all I wanted to do was walk in, undress and head to bed. I picked up the mail, dropped my stuff on the couch and headed into the kitchen to grab a beer. As I opened the beer I started going through the mail, it was nothing but junk mail and bills except of letter from my old college. I opened it up curious about what it was and found out it was for a 5year reunion of my graduating class. As I read the letter my mind went back to my college years and all my experiences, some bad but mostly all the good ones. All I could think about was Justin my first real love.

It was my junior year in college and I was struggling with my classes. I was overloaded with work and was barely able to handle the load. I spent all my time in either class or the library trying to get ahead of my work. One February afternoon I was deep in reading when someone I didn’t really pay attention to slide into the chair across from me. An hour went by and my eyes started hurting so it took a break and sat back a minute and that's when I noticed Justin. He took my breath away with how good looking he was. His buzzed blonde hair and blue eyes along with his beyond good looking face sent chills over my body, I was in instant love. As I was staring for over 5 minutes I didn’t notice that he was staring right back at me, our eyes locked and I mumbled out a hello. We started talking, it was all small talk but I hung on his every word. We were instantly close and spent as much time as we could together.  We made love every chance we could and it felt like we would be together the rest of our lives. It last until the end of the school year. I didn’t want it to end but he had to go back home over the summer break and since we lived on opposite coasts we weren’t going to see each other for a few months. it just about killed me when he left and it was going to be the hardest 3 months of my life until we would be back together for our senior year. It turns out that I would never see him again, he didn’t come back to college for his senior year and I never heard from him again. I was devastated but slowly moved on with my life and poured myself into school and graduated with honors.

So 5 years later as I sat at my table reading the letter I wondered if he would be there. I wanted answers and nothing was going to stop me from going to that reunion. I hoped Justin would be there. A month later I pulled into the parking lot of local hotel and walked towards the front doors. My heart was racing and my palms were sweaty as I walked into the ballroom of the hotel. I picked up my name tag and made my way around the room, saying hello and getting hugs from people I haven’t seen in years. Everybody I talked to asked if I had seen Justin, they knew how close we were and how much I was hurting during my senior year. I grabbed a drink and took a second to scan the crowd to see if he was around but I couldn’t see him. I figured he wouldn’t come so I resigned myself to the fact that I would never get the answers I wanted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment