Friday, April 19, 2013

Spring is in the Air - Part 2


"SPRING IS IN THE AIR!" PART 2


A STORY OF FICTION BY CATMAN


It was another April.

A whole year had passed. I had met several men and connected to have sex. The extent of my friendship with Toby, had dissolved into just phone calls and occasional get together's for dinner dates.

I really liked Toby, but he seemed to be pressing too hard. The very first phone message he left me stated that he "loved me!". I didn't dismiss him out of hand, but just thought he was coming on a little too strong. 
 
The prospect of our connecting again on a physical level seemed to have dissolved as our friendship deepened. (I had never had sex with anyone other than a "trick" for a one-night stand. For me, it was all about the sex, and not about an emotional involvement with another man.)

Toby was a totally different gay animal! He was looking for 'love' in all the wrong places. I, patiently, listened for a full year, as he told me about every one of his failed romances.

The more time we spent together and got to know each other, the more I realized that I really liked him very much.

It was almost to the very day that we first met, that I decided I couldn't take any more of his commiserating about his lack of a romantic status.

"Toby, you are a hot little dude, but you need to lighten up. You meet a man and immediately expect him to be your 'Knight in Shinning Armour' who will give you a Forever Happily Ever-After. Dude, that ain't going to happen with the way you operate! I don't know why you fall for every man who is willing to go to bed with you."

"You come on too strong immediately with each guy you meet. It scares people off! It did for me. When we met, I really like you, A LOT! When we had sex that first time, it was one of the most intense sexual experiences of my life! Then you fucked it up by pressing me too hard."

"I had never even considered the possibility of getting into a committed relationship. I thought about the prospect of being with you, until you came on too strong with me. How can you say that you 'love' someone after just a great one-time sexual romp in the bed?"

Toby was silent for several minutes and finally said, "I did fall in love with you that night. You probably don't know this but, I've never stopped feeling that way. Now that we have had time to get to know each other, I wouldn't mind having that "encore". What would you say to the two of us starting over and trying it again?"

(That was last Spring. We are now living together as Lovers! After 'Cabin Fever" all Winter where we warmed the bed sheets together, I am looking forward to the change of season, as our relationship continues to blossom.)

No comments:

Post a Comment