Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Thanksgiving with the Family - Part 2

"A THANKSGIVING WITH THE FAMILY!"  Just Part 2
 
A STORY OF FICTION BY CATMAN
 
(Thanksgiving DAY)
 
 
 



Dave's plane arrived on time.  He hugged his sister who met him at the luggage carousel in "Baggage Claim". 
 
"So where's Doug?  I thought you would bring him with you.  I haven't even met him yet.  You keep saying he's gorgeous, but I don't even know what he looks like."
 
Britt scrolled to a picture on her I-phone...
 
 
 
"WOW!  Those eyes!  If you decide to dump him, I'll be happy to take him!  or did you already throw him to the curb?"
 
"Nope.  We got up early and drove to town.  Grandma and I have been busy in the kitchen so that at least a portion of the dinner is edible!  You're not going to believe this!  Dad and Doug seem to be hitting it off okay.  When I left the house, they were sitting with Gramps and watching the football game."
 
 
 
In the car, Dave asked,  "So, you think you might be pregnant?   Does your Doug know?"
 
"I haven't told him yet.  My period is two weeks late and the home pregnancy test I took was inconclusive.  I have an appointment Monday with my gynecologist.  Before I get any more involved with him, I need to figure out some shit about him."...
 
(She described how he was very wardrobe conscious and the amount of time he spent on grooming.  "He can't pass a mirror without looking at himself and spends more time at the bathroom sink than I do.")
 
..."He seems to have a lot of guy friends, but I've never met any of them.  He's always a little vague about the days at a time when I don't see him.   If truth be told, sex with him is really not very good.  I'm starting to think there is something else going on with him."
 
Dave said, "You may not want to hear this but, have you ever considered that he might actually be gay and confusedor maybe bi-sexual?"
 
"Dave, that is exactly what I have been thinking!  That's why I want you to flirt with him and try to seduce him.  If it works, have sex with him!   If he is willing to go that far, then I will know for sure who and what I am dealing with."
 
It was, without a doubt, the most astonishing thing he could ever have imagined!  His sister was actually telling him to make love to her boyfriend!  Giving him the permission to do it!  Under their parent's roof!
 
Totally forget all of the previous THANKSGIVING holiday memories, this had the potential to top them all!!!
 
 
_______________________________________________________________________________________
 

Dinner with the family wasn't nearly as painful as in previous years.  For once, the turkey was moist and not dried out.  The other dishes were mostly palatable.
 
Dave's dad seemed to be distracted by Doug's presence at the table and his father's advancing state of Alzheimer's.  His mother was, as usual, in her Edith Bunker Ding-bat mode. 
 
After the table was cleared, both Britt and Dave made calls to some of their old high-school friends.  They made plans to meet up at a Club in town for drinks that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment