Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Thanksgiving with the Family - Part 1

"A THANKSGIVING WITH THE FAMILY!"  Part 1

A STORY OF FICTION BY CATMAN
 
(On Wednesday night)
 
 
 
 
He answered the phone..."Hey Dave, it's Britt.  I hope you are sitting down, because I have some news that might blow you away!   Little brother, I'm not sure yet, but I might be pregnant!"
 
"HOLY SHIT!  God, I'm so happy for you... and ME!   I hope you are going to tell the folks over Thanksgiving.  It will take the focus off of me this year.  Maybe for once, I won't have to sit at the table and hear a lecture about how irresponsible the old-man thinks I am."
 
"Dave, have you lost your mind?  Not a chance!  That's not going to happen.  It's too soon to tell them. I've decided to take baby-steps with them.  I'm bringing Doug home to meet them, before I might have to drop the news that he's the father of their grand-child.  I thought I would wait till I start to show and totally ruin their Christmas this year."
 
"Britt, you are so evil, but I love it!  I can't wait to finally meet Doug.  I hope you told him what he's in for.  Between Mom's horrible cooking and the interrogation he will get from Dad, I hope he doesn't run screaming from the house!"
 
"Actually, the drama has already started.  I called Mom and told her I was bringing a male friend with me this year.  An hour later, Dad called to say that he didn't care what depraved thing I do in my own place, but he wasn't going to allow any man to sleep with me under his roof.  From what I gathered, Gram and Gramps are going to be in your room and you and Doug will be stuck in the basement."
 
"Thanks for the heads-up!  Just for the shock-value, I was actually considering bringing home some big-flaming-drag-queen with me this year!  But, a boyfriend for Britt will work out just as well!"
 
"Well, don't get too attached to that idea!  He's frigging gorgeous, but I'm not sure that he will make very good husband-material.  You are really intuitive and I was hoping you could flush him out.  There's something about him that just doesn't sit right with me.  One way or another, I don't really care because I'm not sure that I am absolutely and totally in love with him.  I'm prepared to raise this baby on my own."
 
"Jezz! and I thought, just us queers were the fickle ones!  Look, I'll try to help out, but I've got to go right now.  I still have to finish packing.  Don't forget you are supposed to pick me up at the airport.  We can talk then before the insanity at the house.  I love you and I know that I will be the best uncle ever to your little what-ever it is!  Boy or girl...doesn't matter to me.  Even if it does end up being a little bastard!"
 
Britt said..."Dave, I have three things to say to you.  "I love you!...FUCK YOU!...and I'll see you tomorrow!"
 

_______________________________________________________________________________________



 
When Dave finally climbed in his bed, after another 45 minutes of debating which clothes to pack to please his mother, he laid there thinking about that phone call.
 
At the very least, it was a little strange!  So, what could possibly be wrong with this guy who she slept with?  What the fuck....Brit's not a slut who gets in bed with just anyone.   She's a lot like me.  We like to get to know guys and be romanced before we get intimate with them.
 
He thought, well maybe she's wrong about this guy...and maybe, he's right for her...and maybe, by some miracle, this year my mother will hire a caterer for the Thanksgiving Dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment