Saturday, December 17, 2011

My New Christmas Friends - Part 1

    
My New Christmas Friends

Submitted by CATMAN

Part 1 of 2
I remember when I was a kid, my folks would decorate our house for I Christmas.  Just days after Thanksgiving Day, my dad would be in the garage trying to untangle the strings of lights.  Once they were up, It always looked really magical at night.   Living in the mid-west, every year it would always snow right before December 25th.  The moon would be reflected on the snow and the ice cycles on the trees.   Long after I was supposed to be in my bed, I would be gazing out my second story bedroom window.   I remember that it was my own 'Winter Wonderland'! 

As magical as the outside looked, the inside of our house always seemed to reflect the lack of love inside of our house.   I think for my sake, my parents really tried, but it was a love-less marriage.   They just didn't know how to end it, so they went through the motions of having a relationship without any emotions.   There wasn't any bickering or fights.   They just seemed to be satisfied with the 'status quo' and led their independent lives and careers.  We weren't wealthy, but we were very comfortable.      I actually envied some of my classmates whose families were struggling to make ends meet.   There seemed to be so much more love in their households.

Maybe it happened, but looking back, I can't remember anyone tucking me in bed at night.   They would only look in the door to see that I was in bed.   There were no bedtime stories.    I would hug them before going up the stairs, but I don't remember a single good night kiss.   I didn't miss any of that stuff since I didn't have it in the first place.  I just thought that our household was like every body else's, and that's how everyone behaved,    I guess, I grew up in a house, not a home.

I was bound and determined that once I was on my own, things would change.  I eventually moved to the South where I have a great life.  Lots of friends, a job I love, and a nice rental home to decorate for the holidays.  I love Christmas and  probably spend way too much money on decorations each year.  The only thing that is lacking in my life is a man to love.  I have an active sex life, with regular fuck buddies, but I wanted a long-term relationship with just one special man.  Maybe I would get one this year for Christmas!

I was dangling off of a ladder on December 1st, to begin lighting up the house for the holidays.  Suddenly, a cute young guy with soul full eyes

was standing beneath me,  "Could you use some help, I sure could use some cash."   A little help was exactly what I needed.   I climbed down and introduced myself to this stranger.  Maybe it was a good omen, because his name was "Kris"!   (Like in Kris Kringle!)  

I studied this guy while we chatted.   His clothes were a little shabby and probably needed to be laundered.  He was cute, but a little scruffy looking.  He said he was trying to earn enough money to get something to eat.  My heart went out to him and my sense of charity kicked in.

When I told him that I would love some help, he sat down his old worn backpack and opened it up.   Reaching inside, he pulled out a little adorable kitten.  Kris said, "I found him in an alley last night.  I guess we are both homeless now."



"I call him "Hobo" because he's a little beggar."    Kris may have been a stranger to me, but any animal lover is my friend!   I told him about the plans for the decorations this year and he scrambled up the ladder to work on my lights.   I took a few minutes to go inside to my kitchen.   I made a stack of lunch-meat sandwiches and brought out a bowl of milk for the cat.   I don't know who was hungrier, Hobo or Kris,  they both woofed down the food.

Hobo found a place to nap on my porch, while Kris and I decorated the house.   The sun was setting, as we finished, and I hit the power switch to examine our work.   With Kris's help, it looked absolutely spectacular!   I reached in my wallet and handed him a hundred dollar bill.  His eyes lit up, but he insisted that it was way too much pay for doing something that he had really enjoyed doing.  Despite his protests, I insisted that he keep it.

I really liked this kid.   ( I say, "kid", even though he's twenty years old and I'm just four years older.)   We sat down on my porch steps and Hobo crawled all over us.  I asked the questions and he shared with me that he had been on the streets for the past three years, ever since he told his family that he was 'gay' and they kicked him out.  Wow, some parents can be way too cruel!

I felt like I needed to do something to help Kris and Hobo. After all, it was the holidays, a season of giving!   I immediately formed a plan in my head.  "We only got the outside of the house done, I need to start on the inside.  Why don't you stay the night, and we can begin decorating in the morning?" 

I think he seemed relieved to be sleeping indoors tonight.   Before I went to the kitchen to prepare some supper for us, I asked Kris if he would like to take a shower.   I gave him a fresh towel, shaving gear, shampoo and soap.  He stripped out of his clothes in front of me.  "Why don't I take these clothes and throw them in the washer for you."   I left him naked in my bathroom, climbing into my shower stall.

While I heated up a big pot of leftover stew, I thought about Kris.  For a homeless kid, he had a hot little body and a reasonably big uncut dick.   Hobo played at my feet while I set the kitchen table.   Twenty minutes later, Kris walked into the kitchen.  He had really cleaned up nice!   With his clothes still in my dryer, he sat down at my table just wearing his damp towel.  Kris, Hobo and I made quick work of the meal.

After cleaning up the kitchen, we moved to my living room to watch some TV.    Although his clothes were now dry, Kris just stayed in the towel.   Sitting on the sofa, Hobo fell asleep again between us.   I was tired, and I was sure Kris was too, by about 11pm.   I was ready to make up my sofa for Kris when he suggested, "I hope this isn't too forward, but ....would it be alright if I slept with you?"

1 comment:

  1. I like this story jay its seasonal even make you think about how grateful I am to have a family. am guessing things hot up in the next chapter.Lee x

    ReplyDelete