Thursday, December 29, 2011

Kris, Hobo, and Me! (As Told by Hobo)

KRIS, HOBO AND ME!  (AS TOLD BY HOBO)

ANOTHER STORY IN THE SERIES BY CATMAN

"Meow!....Meow!.....Meow!

(Oh, darn!  I forgot that you readers don't speak 'cat'.   Okay, so I'll translate into your 'people talk'.)

In case you haven't heard of me, my name is "HOBO".   My Dad named me after he rescued me one night in a dark alley.  I'm glad he found me, because I was really scared, after I got separated from my Mom.   Thank God, he came along when he did.  Christmas was coming up and I was cold and hungry.   Daddy Kris found us a nice temporary home with another guy.   I like him too!   He scratches my neck and gives me good treats.

We helped that guy decorate his house.   Well, actually, Dad did all the work, but I watched, in-between my naps.  I got to play in all of the empty boxes.  It was a lot of fun


I guess as humans go, my Dad is really cute.  He never yells at me or treats me bad.  I really like it when we lay on the floor and play.  He always lets me sleep with him, which is really nice.  Sometimes, my Dad is really sad.   I think he got separated from his Mom too.   On occasion, when he is alone, I've seen him cry. 

Whenever Dad is really sad, I do my best to make him smile.   One good way is to pretend that I just tripped while I was running.  Actually, I'm not very clumsy, but it makes him laugh.  I can tell you what I think is really funny, like when Dad and his friend take off their fur (or whatever they call that stuff they wear.)   It makes me smile to see them naked


There are times when I get confused.   My Dad rubs against his friend and touches him.  They put their mouths together a lot.  They seem to like to do that.   I've even seen them 'groom' each other between their legs.  (At least, I think that's what they were doing.)   

Hey, I may be just a little kitten, but I know when something is up!   Like, when they make me stay out of the bedroom.  I peek under the door and watch them.   It looks really goofy when they do some stuff together.  I hear a lot of moans coming from that room.  (Moans are how humans purr!)   I only watch til I get distracted.   There's a lot of shiny stuff to play with on the tree.  (I'm still trying to figure out why they put a tree inside of the house.)

I woke up on Christmas morning with a pretty bow around my neck.   I didn't make a fuss about it, since Dad also had one on his chest.  After we all ate, I got to play in some pretty paper under that tree.   Everything was fun until they got really serious about things they were talking about.

I hope everything is okay with my humans because I like living here.  I'll just have to think up more cute stuff to do, so we can stay together.

Then, I will have two Daddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment