Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Tale - Part 4


"A CHRISTMAS TALE - THE REDISCOVERY!" 

A CHRISTMAS STORY OF FICTION BY CATMAN
 
Part 4 of 4

 

In just the few days I had been at the cabin, I really came to appreciate Nick's presence.  I must have been nuts to think I should spend another Christmas alone.   In the past few years, I would just get really depressed and it would bring back sad memories of Grandpa Jack and Uncle Dave.

This year was completely different.  I was happy and content.   Nick and I were constantly together, yet I didn't feel like I was being smothered by him.  If fact, I couldn't get enough of his affection.  I'm pretty confident that Nick felt the same way.

 

Before making the trip, I was leery of this man.  He was still somewhat of a mystery to me.  None of my questions had been answered.  Every time I thought to ask how he knew me, he would say or do something to make me loose my train of thought.  Sometimes, it was just a look from his big brown eyes.

The most perplexing thing about Nick was that he seemed to be psychic.  He could anticipate my every need.  I didn't have to ask for food or something to drink.  It was always there and exactly whatever I had been thinking about.  It even extended to the bedroom and sex.  He seemed to know when I needed him to be tender or when I wanted him to be aggressive. 

 

Maybe it was the brisk Connecticut winter air or falling asleep in the comfort of Nick's arms, but I had the most vivid dreams.  The snow dance dream was just the beginning.  I dreamt of the holidays when I was a young child and happy times with Grandpa Jack.  The dreams were filled with everything I used to love about Christmas.   For some odd reason, Nick would appear in each of the dreams.   

I guess it didn't seem so unusual on Christmas Eve when I dreamt of Nick again.  This time,  He wandered through the forest as if he was searching.   He found an evergreen tree, chopped it down, and brought it into the cabin.  In the attic he found lights and decorations to decorate the tree.  He precisely placed each item on the branches as if he was creating a masterpiece.

 

I woke on Christmas morning with a smile.  It had been another beautiful dream.  I was used to Nick getting up before me, so I wasn't surprised to be alone in the bed.  After a few minutes I got up to find him.  I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a beautifully decorated Christmas tree in the living room.  It was the exact tree from my dream.   Nick was curled up asleep under the branches. 

I just stopped and stared.  Tears welled up in my eyes.  The work he had put into the tree was just so special.  I knew that he had done it for me.  It reminded me of every tree I had when I was young.  For too many years I had tried to forget, when I should have been remembering.  Once again, Nick seemed to know, not just what I wanted, but also what I really needed.   I didn't know if Nick was a wizard or a genie, but he had restored the magic of Christmas for me.   Maybe, he was Santa!

Nick opened his eyes, looked at me and smiled.  Pointing to the tree, he asked, "Is it alright?"

I joined him under the branches and said, "It's absolutely perfect...and so are you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment