Monday, November 29, 2010

Explaining the Story – Hitchhiker Series

Explaining the Story – Hitchhiker Series

The original idea was to write a series of stories of a person picking up different hitchhikers. Each hitchhiker would be unique, of course. It is still a good premise and might be explored with in the future. The first story ‘The Pickup’ evolved into four chapters by the time I finished writing the story. I really like the characters and fell in love with them. When I finished the story and ending at the train station, I knew I wanted to write ‘The Return’.

I struggled with starting the story ‘The Return’, and even was ready to kill off the character. I was in a bad mood and if you read the first paragraph again, you will sense that. Luckily I put the story aside and came back to it a couple days later and wrote it. On my notes about the story, I almost titled it ‘The Love Story Continues’. I enjoyed the story and considered it complete and was now ready to move on with other story projects. I felt like it ended with the assumption that the hitchhiker was going to say ‘YES’.

I was trying to develop a Thanksgiving story when I thought of the hitchhiker’s characters. They had good chemistry, so I wrote all three back to back for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. I started calling the hitchhiker, ‘Hitch’. And decided I needed ‘The Answer’ to tie thing together.

The ‘Hitchhiker Series’ is more a love story now, than one time sex story. I did not start out with that in mind, but it ended that way.

You might ask what is in store for the ‘Hitchhiker Series’? Probably a vacation story, someplace warm with a beach like Hawaii, so that I can get them in swim briefs, with sex under a waterfall, on the beach at night under the moonlight, and in the bamboo forest. I know a perfect spot in Maui Hawaii.

I don’t know about you, but I am looking forward to ‘The Hitchhiker Series – The Vacation’.

No comments:

Post a Comment