Friday, August 16, 2013

The BEST Man - Part 4

"THE BEST MAN!"  PART 4 OF 4
 
A STORY OF FICTION BY CATMAN
 
 
 
Tony was no longer hysterical, but Jeff could see he was seething inside.  At the pool bar, he ordered a shot of Jagermeister and a double shot of Jack Daniels on the rocks. 
 
It didn't take too long for Tony's anger to subside when there were a few "woof-whistles" over his sexy little new bikini!  (He really looked incredibly hot, not just to Jeff, but also to other guys as they took notice!)  Jeff thought he looked equally great in his new swimsuit.
 
 
  Even the bartender said:
 
"You're a really cute couple!  How long have you been together?"  (Jeff explained, as best he could, stammering with phrases like:  "No, not lovers....Just best friends...We aren't together.) 
 
The bartender responded, "Oh sorry!  I just assumed.  The two of you look like you belong together."
 
Tony chuckled and smiled..."Actually... I guess.... we are more than just friends."
 
 
 
 
.....It was nice to see Tony smile, but Jeff jumped into the nearby pool, just to end this kind of conversation which was hitting too close to home.   They spent much of the afternoon either in the pool or sitting at the bar.
 
 
 
 
Finally, back in their suites, they dressed to go down to dinner.  Despite how the afternoon had begun, they actually had a very pleasant day together. 
 
Before they left the room,  Tony said,   "I really need to tell you something.  We have been very close for years, and I can't begin to tell you how close I feel to you today.  I realized this afternoon, how much you really mean to me.  I think that bartender may have had it right when he thought that we belonged together."
 
(He pulled Jeff to him for a kiss...)
 
 
 
"Seeing Jack with that guy was like a wake-up call to exactly who is the real man that is always supportive and loving to me.   You got on this ship as "a best man", but, in reality, you are my best man!  I don't know why I have been blind to it all of these years."
 
"I should thank that son of a bitch for being such a prick!  If you are willing, I would like to explore the possibilities of a relationship with you." 
 
 
 
Hand in hand, they walked down the long corridor to get to the dining room.  It was like a metaphor for the journey of discovery they were about to embark on. 
  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment